Jill Rolfe is researching Twyford School and she has been given the following photograph. The lady at the far top left is Madelaine Neal who was a teacher and lived at the Hawthorns, Beaconsfield Road. The little girl third in from the left, middle row, is Lily Pratt and her brother, George, is the little boy, on the same row, but second in from the right. The photo can only have been taken between 19th August 1912 and 30th September 1914. From the School log books, here are just a few of the surnames mentioned, Wood, Marten, Curd, Ridley, Smith, Fox, Corke, Thompsett, Head, Farncombe, Pollard and Venn. Miss Mineard is a teacher. There would be many other children, but these are just a few of the surnames mentioned. If anyone can identify a child or has any information about the school , Jill would be very pleased to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Danehill Parish Historical Society was founded in 1972 with our first president being Dame Margery Corbett Ashby DBE (pictured in 1923).
The objectives of the society are to promote interest in, and the study of local history in particular, or any other historical matter of interest, bringing together local residents or other people to share and enjoy a range of social and informal activities.
The Society is a member of:-
British Association for Local History
Friends of The East Sussex Record Office
The Sussex Archaeological Society
Danehill Recruits who joined the Royal Sussex Regiment, 1914